True Orange Stir-Fry Chicken
A zesty stir-fry to serve with rice and veggies.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (corn flour)
12 packets True Orange dissolved in 1/3 cup of water
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon chile paste
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 slice ginger, minced
Oil for stir-frying
- Place the cubed chicken in a bowl and add the marinade ingredients.
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the sauce ingredients and the garlic and ginger.
- Heat large skillet or wok and add oil. When oil is hot, add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry until chicken changes color.
- Push chicken to the sides of skillet or wok, making a well in the middle.
- Add the sauce.
- Combine the sauce and the chicken, cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes uncovered or until sauces thickens.
- Serve hot.
Calories - 402.7
Fat - 15.2 grams
Saturated Fat - 2.5 grams
Polyunsaturated Fat - 5.0 grams
Monounsaturated Fat - 4.8 grams
Cholesterol - 137.2 milligrams
Sodium - 799.1 milligrams
Potassium - 673.8 milligrams
Carbohydrates - 8.0 grams
Dietary Fiber - 0.7 grams
Sugars - .2 grams
Protein - 63.5 grams
Adapted from chinesefooddiy.com
- Recipes By Product
- Main Ingredients
- Diane Henderiks' Recipes
- Cooking With Caitlin Recipes
- Recipe Contests