True Lemon-Lime Drunken Shrimp
DescriptionThese scrumptious shrimp shots are full of buttery citrus flavor. A perfect party app with a powerful punch!
1 - 1 1/2 lbs of shrimp, cut down so that each piece will fit into a shot glass
1 cup white wine (preferably something sweet like a riesling or moscato)
1/2 cup lemon flavored vodka
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons honey
4 teaspoons True Lemon (from shaker) dissolved in 1/2 cup water
4 teaspoons True Lime (from shaker) dissolved in 1/2 cup water
1 white onion, finely chopped
3 green onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter, melted
4 slices of thick bacon, cut into small pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium skillet, saute the white onion, garlic, and bacon until bacon is crispy and onions are translucent and soft. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. Remove mixture from heat and set aside in a small dish, making sure to leave about 1/4 of the oil in the pan.
2. Using the same skillet with the oil, place over medium-high heat. Add the vodka and simmer for about a minute. Add the wine, True Lemon juice, True Lime juice, and the sugar. Simmer until mixture starts to reduce a little.
3. Add the honey, stir, and bring back to a simmer again.
4. Add the shrimp once you have the mixture to your liking (feel free to add more True Lemon or True Lime). Stir constantly until the shrimp is cooked. Remove from heat.
1. Place a little bit of the bacon mixture at the bottom of each shot glass.
2. Add one piece of shrimp on top of the bacon mixture.
3. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the juice to each shot glass (the shot glasses should be about 1/4 full of the juice mixture).
4. Drizzle each shot with a little melted butter, and sprinkle a few chopped green onions.
Recipe Submitted by Jenn R.
- Recipes By Product
- Main Ingredients
- Diane Henderiks' Recipes
- Cooking With Caitlin Recipes
- Recipe Contests