True Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
DescriptionIn a word: YUM! You can try cutting down on the sugar in this recipe, both for fewer calories and to let the lemon and fruit flavors really shine. (One of these days we'll have to come up with a True Raspberry Lemonade version!)
2½ cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
2 sticks (eight ounces) butter, softened
1½ cups sugar
2 eggs, room temp.
3 egg yolks, room temp.
2 tsp vanilla extract
5 packets True Lemon in 1/4 cup water
½ cup whole milk
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup fresh raspberries (washed and dry)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter on medium speed until creamy, gradually add the sugar, increasing speed slightly until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the whole eggs and the egg yolks one at a time.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Slowly beat in the True Lemon water on low speed (the batter may look curdled until dry ingredients are added).
- Beat in dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, mix well.
- Fill muffin cups almost to the top and bake in 350°F for 18-20 minutes.
- Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until smooth after each addition.
- Recipes By Product
- Main Ingredients
- Diane Henderiks' Recipes
- Cooking With Caitlin Recipes
- Recipe Contests