Spiced Rubbed Grilled Chicken Breasts with Mixed Berry Salsa
DescriptionThis dish combines the heat of chili powder and jalapeno pepper with the refreshing taste of berries and basil -- a truly "sweet & spicy" dish.
2 packets True Lime
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
for the salsa:
2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
2 tablespoon minced green onion
1/2 cup julienned peeled jicama
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced
2 tablespoons True Lime (4 packets + 2 tablespoons of water)
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons snipped basil
basil sprigs (garnish)
1. Brush the chicken breasts with the oil.
2. Mix together 2 packets of True Lime, the chili powder and garlic powder; sprinkle over the chicken.
3. Grill 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or till the chicken tests done.
4. While the breasts are cooking combine the ingredients for the salsa till well mixed.
5. Place a chicken breast on each plate;spoon salsa over top, garnish and serve.The chicken may be broiled rather than grilled. A variation- cool then chill the chicken, then slice and arrange on a bed of lettuce spooning the salsa over top for a delightful main dish salad.
Submitted By Roxanne Chan
- Recipes By Product
- Main Ingredients
- Diane Henderiks' Recipes
- Cooking With Caitlin Recipes
- Recipe Contests