Sautéed Shrimp with Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is the latest wonderfood
2 ½ TBS refined coconut oil
6 scallions (spring onions), white parts thinly sliced, greens parts sliced and saved
1 TBS finely chopped, peeled ginger
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ TSP ground coriander
1 LB large shrimp, shelled
½ TSP salt
2 Packets True Lemon
½ TSP ground black pepper
1. Melt oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the white scallion slices, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring until fragrant (around 30 seconds).
2. Add the coriander and cook 30 more seconds.
3. Add the shrimp and salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until shrimp are opaque (2 to 3 minutes).
4. Stir in the green scallion pieces and cook until wilted (about 10 seconds). Season with True Lemon and black pepper. Serve with extra True Lemon or lemon wedges.
Adapted from the New York Times
- Recipes By Product
- Main Ingredients
- Diane Henderiks' Recipes
- Cooking With Caitlin Recipes
- Recipe Contests